As you consider recovery from joint surgery or injury:
- Is someone available to help you at home 24/7 as you heal?
- Do you have a single-level home without steps to enter?
- Will you be capable of daily activities such as dressing, cooking and bathing on your own?
- Will you be able to maintain a specific home exercise program?
If there’s any concern about the mobility and strength required to accomplish these tasks post-surgery or post-injury, orthopaedic rehab is the right choice as you recover.
Orthopaedic Rehab at Shannondell
Orthopaedic rehab is an excellent post-surgery solution for patients being discharged from the hospital after spinal surgery, joint replacement, reconstruction or repair.
People with joint injuries or pain can also benefit from orthopaedic rehab, which focuses specifically on problems of the musculoskeletal system — muscles, bones, ligaments and tendons.
Rehab at Shannondell is a new, best-in-class rehab facility with a specialty in orthopaedic therapy. Our orthopaedic rehab plans are personalized for each patient and managed by physicians who have daily oversight of our team of experienced and compassionate physical and occupational therapists. Our goal is to help patients enjoy their rehab experience while they:
- restore physical function
- enhance the skills needed to perform daily activities
- improve strength, flexibility and balance
- regain functional mobility
- regain independence
Our highly skilled therapists use proven clinical practices to give patients the confidence they need to fully return to their lives before joint pain.
Our staff is fully dedicated to ensuring that your rehabilitation is successful. To that end, you may find that we approach your care more comprehensively than other rehab centers. For example:
- We keep patients involved throughout the rehabilitation process and encourage input into their own healthcare decisions.
- All direct nursing care and medication management is provided by registered nurses.
- Therapy services are available seven days a week.
- Physician coverage is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- A registered nurse practitioner works collectively with physicians.
- A registered dietician is available for nutrition education and support.
- Services of a physiatrist — a physician who is expert in rehabilitation of nerve, muscle and bone — are available.
- Discharge planning is coordinated by licensed social workers.
Choosing the best rehab center is critical to your full recovery. We encourage you to trust your care to us at Rehab at Shannondell, where you’ll recover well, return strong — and enjoy the experience.
Rehab at Shannondell provides all the comforts of home in a gated, secure community dedicated to improving your recovery. Our amenities include:
- All private rooms with private bathrooms and showers
- Spacious and comfortable common areas
- 2,500+ square feet of therapy space, including a therapeutic training car that adjusts to the specifications of your own car, SUV or truck
- Full-service, quick-service and bistro-style dining (including brick oven pizza)
- Game room
- Movie theater
- Free wireless internet service throughout the facility
- Full-service hair salon
- Beautiful, accessible outdoor courtyards
Scroll over and click on any image
“The Rehab at Shannondell therapist comes right to your room and escorts you to the therapy gym.”