As you plan for your recovery from an acute medical condition or hospitalization, it is important to consider the following:
- Is someone available to help you at home 24/7 as you heal?
- Will you be capable of daily activities such as dressing, cooking and bathing on your own?
- Will you be strong enough to return to your regular lifestyle right away?
If there’s any concern about the mobility and strength required to accomplish these tasks after your hospital stay, short-term medical rehab is the right choice for you.
Medical Rehab at Shannondell
After an acute medical condition or hospitalization, patients are often too weak or not medically stable enough to return home.
For these reasons, a physician might recommend a short-term stay in a medical rehab facility to regain strength and ensure that vital medical needs are managed by specialized staff.
Rehab at Shannondell is a new, best-in-class rehab facility that excels at delivering rehabilitation for virtually any medical condition. Our staff of board-certified physicians, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, physical, occupational and speech therapists develop a specialized plan of care with achievable goals for each patient — all provided in an attractive, inviting setting.
Short-term medical rehab is common for:
- Fractures of the arms, legs, neck or back
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Stroke, CVA, TIA
- Urinary tract infection
- Multiple sclerosis
- Subdural hematoma
Our goal is to help patients return to the lifestyle they enjoyed prior to hospitalization.
Our staff is fully dedicated to ensuring that your medical rehab is successful. To that end, you may find that we approach your care more comprehensively than other medical rehab centers. For example:
- You will be part of developing your own plan of care and establishing your therapy goals.
- You will receive an individualized plan to ensure that you return to your prior level of function.
- Daily care is delivered by a team of experienced registered nurses, available around the clock.
- Exercise training and therapy is provided by highly skilled physical and occupational therapists.
- Discharge planning is managed by licensed social workers.
- We will help you coordinate any adaptive equipment necessary to make returning home as safe as possible.
Choosing the best medical rehab center is critical to your full recovery. We encourage you trust your care to us at Rehab at Shannondell, where you’ll recover well, return strong — and enjoy the experience.
Rehab at Shannondell provides all the comforts of home in a gated, secure community dedicated to improving your health in a comfortable environment. Our amenities include:
- All private rooms with private bathrooms and showers
- Spacious and comfortable common areas
- A therapy gym, including the latest training equipment, located on every floor
- Full-service, quick-service and bistro-style dining
- Free wireless internet service throughout the facility
- Free cable TV
- Full-service hair salon
- Beautiful, accessible outdoor courtyards
“The dining at Rehab at Shannondell was phenomenal – both the quality of the food and the service”