Welcome to Rehab at Shannondell. As you’ve likely been made aware of in the hospital, due to COVID-19, our rehab environment will look and feel slightly different than normal due to necessary protocols to safeguard patients and staff.
One thing that has not changed – patients and their families come first in everything we do. You’ll find our facility is staffed with highly qualified clinicians and therapists and features amenities – like all-private rooms and bathrooms – that help to keep you comfortable and focused on recovering well and returning strong.
To prepare for your stay, we have created a helpful list for you to use as you get settled into your room and comfortable with your plan of care.
Assistant Directors or Nursing (ADONs) Shannon (ext. 6909) and Michele (ext. 3517) are responsible for the day to day clinical services that our patients receive. Each is responsible for a defined part of the facility. Any questions related to a patient’s plan of care should be directed to them, first, regardless of topic. If, by chance, they are unable to fully resolve, you’ll be directed appropriately.
Our social services team – Carly (ext. 3508), Tanya (ext. 6803) and Yenni (ext. 3749) – are directly responsible for all of your discharge planning. Shortly after admission, a social services team member will meet with you to better understand your prior living arrangement, and ensure that all appropriate services and equipment are arranged for your use at home post discharge.
We are excited to be able to offer a variety of visitation options for our short-term rehab patients and their family members. Upon arrival, you will receive further details, including scheduling instructions.
The primary contact for each patient will receive regular communications about general facility information, including any important changes in practices for the duration of each patient’s stay.
CARE & SERVICES
According to CDC guidelines, “Fully” vaccinated means ≥2 weeks following receipt of the 2nd dose in a 2-dose series, or ≥2 weeks following receipt of one dose of a single-dose vaccine.
Fully Vaccinated Patients
Therapy will occur in one of the therapy gyms located on your floor. All other services (nursing and dining) will be provided in your room. Refer to the Visitation section above for guest guidelines.
Not Fully Vaccinated Patients
Therapy and all other services will be provided in your room until you complete the required quarantine period (14 days). After this date and upon a negative result of COVID-19 testing, further therapy can occur in one of the therapy gyms located on your floor.
- We prefer to arrange for any needed medical follow-up with patients through telehealth. Our nursing management team will schedule these post admission appointments. Should a specialist feel it is in the best interest of your recovery to see you in their office, we will discuss with you, scheduling the appointment and assisting with any transportation needs. Please note: any patient who is not fully vaccinated and leaves the facility for a medical appointment will need to “quarantine” upon return.
- Your Plan of Care will be managed by our Medical Director Dr. Payce Handler. Dr. Handler is joined by a team of four (4) Nurse Practitioners who work collaboratively with our Nursing department to provide personalized treatment throughout your stay. In the state of Pennsylvania, Nurse Practitioners are permitted to carry out many of the same duties as your Doctor. This includes completing assessments, ordering medications, and providing prescriptions at discharge.
- If your family wishes to drop something off that is important to you and your comfort while here, please have them leave at our main concierge desk.
- All chef-prepared meals are currently being delivered to you in your room. This in-room service includes our full menu for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Upon your admission, a registered dietician will contact you to assist with meal selections.
- A member of our Activities staff will also contact you after admission. In addition to clinical therapy, your relaxation and entertainment is an important part of your overall recovery. As such, you’ll find a well-stocked supply of crafts, games, books, puzzles and more at your beck and call. Additionally, all rooms are equipped with a big screen TV, free Wi-Fi and a phone.
- Throughout your stay, our Environmental Services team is responsible for patient laundry and cleaning/sanitizing rooms and all public spaces using EDA approved products effective in killing all pathogens, including COVID-19. This means that personal laundry is not able to be picked up by a family member as it will be handled by our team. If you need assistance with your laundry, please notify a member of the nursing department.