Welcome to Rehab at Shannondell. As you’ve likely been made aware of in the hospital, due to COVID-19, our rehab environment will look and feel slightly different than normal due to necessary protocols to safeguard patients and staff.
One thing that hasn’t changed – patients and their families come first in everything we do. You’ll find our facility is staffed with highly qualified clinicians and therapists and features amenities – like all-private rooms and bathrooms – that help to keep you comfortable and focused on recovering well and returning strong.
To prepare for your upcoming stay, we ask that you review the following guidelines prior to your arrival. Upon admission, a staff member will review these with you, including updates, and answer any questions to help ensure a smooth transition toward your recovery.
- All care (including physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and respiratory therapy) will take place in patients’ private rooms, and when necessary, in patient hallways.
- We are not able to permit visitors at this time, including during patient arrival.
- Medical appointments directly related to the condition requiring admission are being handled through Tele-Health only. No medical appointments outside of the facility are allowed.
- Any medical appointments not directly related to the condition for admission should be scheduled following your discharge from rehab.
- After admission, a dedicated social worker will meet with patients to begin discussing discharge planning and their individual needs for returning home.
- Your Plan of Care will be managed by our Medical Director Dr. Payce Handler. Dr. Handler is joined by a team of Nurse Practitioners who work collaboratively with our Nursing department to provide personalized treatment throughout your stay. In the state of Pennsylvania, Nurse Practitioners are permitted to carry out many of the same duties as your Doctor. This includes completing assessments, ordering medications and providing prescriptions at discharge.
- A Registered Nurse Manager (ADON) will be responsible for the day-to-day clinical services you receive and serves as the primary contact for you and your family. Know that all family members you designate will receive regular email updates about your progress throughout your stay.
- As an extension of our medical team, consultative services are provided via partnerships with Dr. Art Belber (Cardiology) and Dr. Amit Gangoli (Infectious Disease). Access to these services within our facility allows you to receive necessary care without a return trip to the hospital.
- Please let family and friends know that, currently, we are unable to accept flowers, food or medications from an outside source. If you require an essential item from outside the facility, it must be left at the front desk where it will be received and delivered to the patient’s room.
- All chef-prepared meals are currently being delivered to patients’ private rooms. This in-room service includes our full menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Upon your admission, a registered dietician will contact you to assist with meal selections.
- A member of our Activities staff will also contact you after admission. In addition to clinical therapy, patients’ relaxation and entertainment is an important part of your overall recovery. As such, you’ll find a well-stocked supply of crafts, games, books, puzzles and more at your beck and call. Additionally, all rooms are equipped with a big screen TV, free WiFi and a phone.
- Throughout your stay, our Environmental Services team is responsible for patient laundry and cleaning/sanitizing rooms and all public spaces using EDA approved products effective in killing all pathogens, including COVID-19.